- What is write protect ?
Write protection is any physical mechanism that prevents modification or erasure of valuable data on a device. Most commercial software, audio and video is sold pre-protected.
Now I will show you step by step processes to make your drive write protect
- Open the run (Win + r) window and type regedit in it and press enter to run registry editor window
- Now go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> CurrentControlSet -> Control.
- Now Right click on the control folder and select New ->Key and name it as StorageDevicePolicies
- Now Right click on the StorageDevicePolicies and select New ->DWORD (32-bit) and name it as WriteProtect
- Now double click on the WriteProtect and assign the value 1. That’s it your drive is now write protected
- To disable write protection click on WriteProtect and assign the value 0.